Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Friday, March 14, 2014

Finished Star quilt

Finally I have a finish on my star quilt; it's about 68x84", give or take. I collected blocks from both the 12" and the 6" groups as well as from a friend outside the group. A big thank you to everyone who contributed. Sorry for the wonky picture but I'm limited for space here and the weather is too messy to take it outside just now.  I'm really happy with how it turned out and it's already gone to it's new home with my son.  
Credits as follows:
1st row: Leena, Jolanda, Chantell, Karen F, Kerry, Robyn, Medora, Kerry B, Sue B
2nd row: Carolyn, Kerry, Billy, Billy again, Noelene, me
3rd row: Nellie, Coralie, Robyn, Beth, Helen, Carmen
4th row: Cathy C, Cathy A, Nellie, Sally, Coralie, Sue S
5th row: Chantell, Linda, Beth, Kerry E, Jolanda, Amira, Carolyn, Sally, Medora
6th row: Terry F, Cathy A, Sue B, Linda, Cathy A, me

9 comments:

CathyC said...

such a wonderful variety of star blocks - Lovely! It is such a thrill to see a block I have made in someone's quilt :)

The Mayo Family said...

So pretty!
So much fun to see one all put together.
Blessings~
Lori USA

Jo said...

That looks fantastic. The colours go so well together and there is so much variety in stars

Pinnylea Creations said...

Wow that looks amazing Sue. Great inspiration xx

Maria said...

What a gorgeous quilt make with all your wonderful swap blocks..

Doveton said...

Fantastic job Maria - I can see my stars in there, so great to see a completed project, Kerry B

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, and love the credits

Unknown said...

Its heartwarming to see a lovely quilt made with blocks collected in the swaps, and this one is from two swaps so even more special. And it is a spectacular quilt, well done on this gorgeous finish.

Sooli said...

What a great quilt. I love that you mixed the two sizes together. A lovely mix of blocks and fabrics too!