Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Thursday, April 18, 2013

April for Jen

Well a Swap and Birthday swap surprise for Jen in PA...
This is the 'Postage Stamp Block' that I made for her!
Lets say it's a long story Jen & I mis-communicated on a size
of the squares for her postage stamps....so I had made one that was 2" squares! Argh!
Then after looking at the blog where Sue B had made her one I see it's the 1- 1/2" squares.
So, I e-mailed Jen, she was so kind, oh I could as a second choice send her a log-cabin.
....................after thinking about this overnight, I asked myself is that okay? No!
I know that I enjoy getting the blocks I pick so.....
My sister's favorite squares are the postage stamp
and I am trying to get my hand at doing
these a lil-quicker so I grabbed my bin of fabrics that I am collecting in her colors and
made
Jen the postage stamp in a mix of these as scrap colors!
I learned a few big lessons this month.....
#1 Don't sew your block until you hear back and confirm whatever questions you may have. Smile
#2 I will never make a 1- 1/2" postage stamp block..."Quickly"!  (ahem) Ha!
#3 I sure do agree with this is a absolute wonderful block from the days of older quilts!
I see why many love this look.
I so hope that she will like it and it will fit in with her "stamp" collection!
Happy April Swapping Birthday Jen...


 Blessings~ Lori USA

4 comments:

Jeneta said...

You are so lovely Lori!

Unknown said...

Oh my....this is stunning.

Fiona said...

you have ended up making a fantastic postage stamp block....
Hugz

Bobbie said...

excellent block Lori ...

i love the colours you chose .. well done ..