Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Tuesday, February 19, 2013

January and February 2013 for Sew Well Maide

Time today to share my latest block activity.

 These four blocks are my 'give' (top) and 'get' (bottom) blocks for January and February.



My January block was made for me by Carin from Ullharvan.  Carin is in Sweden (our Aussie Swap Block group is very multi-national!!) and the block I made for her (top left hand corner of top photo) went to her via a little side trip to Nambucca Heads in NSW. Australia!  When I mailed it I was also mailing my Care at do.Good Stitches blocks and switched the envelopes!!  Thank you to my two long suffering partners who mailed the blocks to each other!!



My February block was made for me by Sue from Sue's Quilty Bits and Bobs.  I so love the orange and pink fabric.  When Sue asked me what colours I would like so as not to 'over balance' any one colour in my accumulated blocks to date, I initially said 'no pink'.  Sue responded saying that was a shame as she had this great orange and pink number!  Well what's a gal to do - bring on the orange and pink I said and 'over balance' be damned!  Great decision! Thankfully, when I sent Sue her block (top right hand corner of the top photo) I was much more diligent and mailed it correctly.


I now have ten fantastic blocks towards my quilt to be.  Time soon to start making some decisions - how big do I want my quilt to be, how many more blocks do I need, to sash or not to sash, borders ........ ?  Ah the fun of decisions - so much better than which bill to pay first or the oft asked question "Hey Mum what's for dinner?"!!!!

Until next time, happy quilting, knitting, sewing, crafting ....


 

3 comments:

meditrina hospital india said...

very nice design very good color combination it looks so beautiful …I have bookmark this post for help in my quilt making design.
[url="http://www.meditrinahospitalindia.com]Meditrina Hospital

Unknown said...

Gorgeous blocks and colours

Unknown said...

I love the cris cross design and beautiful color in quilting. love the design looking so nice and beautiful.
Cosmetic Surgery India