Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Thursday, February 21, 2013

Block from my Feb. Partner

Today I received my block from Ank in the Netherlands who was my February partner.
I was in total ahhh when I opened it up and realized that she hand stitched every stitch on the block.
She sent me some wonderful extras also.
I haven't hand stitched blocks in a long time and don't know if I could even go back to it since I have been so spoiled with my sewing machine.  The only hand stitching I do now is the quilting.
Thank you so much Ank for taking the time to put so much energy into doing this block.

2 comments:

The Mayo Family said...

Oh it's beautiful!
I myself have been blessed with being a swap partner with Ank & yes, have a hand-stitched block!
They are a treasure for sure!
Lovely~
Blessings~
Lori

Unknown said...

I should have took a picture of the back of her handy work. I am still in ahh over it.