Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year ...........

When I have met my partner for the month I like to stitch their block as early as possible. I really do not want to wait until the end of the month. I had a day between family visits sooo-oo I stitched Helen's patchwork star. Here is my first swap block for 2013. I am pleased with the result and hope it fits well into Helen's project.


Happy stitching Helen,
From Jan

8 comments:

The Mayo Family said...

Beautiful block!
Yes...I learned a big lesson last month on the nick I ran with my sewing ...so- I as well did mine :)
For January.
Just need to post & did not hear back yet from my partner. I am thinking they might be on holiday :)
I will wait to see!
What block & where is the pattern for this, if I may ask?
Happy Happy New Year to you & yours!
Blessings~
Lori

Sooli said...

What a pretty block. I do love a blue block though so I might just be biased!

CathyB said...

So pretty! Would you share a link to the pattern?

Jan said...

The patchwork star is at http://thoughtandfound.wordpress.com/2012/01/17/oms9/
Enjoy, Jan

CathyB said...

And aren't you nice to share!

The Mayo Family said...

Thank you so much Jan for sharing!
I really struggled last month with a block for some one (holiday) and I am still fretting, thought this was so similar only so elegant looking and perhaps one I could 'handle' better! I looked it up & I do so thanlk you!
New Year blessings~
Lori

Jan said...

I have always loved that the crafty world is a sharing place - patterns, skills, ideas - learned this when I was spinning and dyeing wool with natural materials (leaves, flowers, berries etc).

Unknown said...

WOW! It pops right out at you. Love it.