Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Sunday, December 2, 2012

I love log cabins

Log cabins are one of my favourite blocks to make, I love playing around with all of the colours to blend them to feel just right.

My partner for December Allison requested a log cabin of a non traditional colourway Starting with a grey centre.

Lime green to charteuse on one side and aqua to teal on the other side in modern prints.  I had a lot of fun digging through my huge strip bucket to find the right colours.

3 comments:

The Mayo Family said...

Wew! Beautiful block!
My favorite as well...
It's the first block I learned...
and it was mini's with 1" strips!
Love the colors~
Blessings~!
Lori

Jeneta said...

This is stunning! I can imagine a whole quilt in these colours. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

These colors are absolutely beautiful together. What great choices.