Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Wednesday, December 19, 2012

An Overdue Update from Sew Well Maide

It has been a while since I have updated my participation in our great group so I thought I would do a bit of a 'mega update'!

Over the last few months I have received some wonderful blocks from my swap partners and have been asked to make some great blocks in return - I have loved everyone of them.  I have had a 'something new' experience in each one of them, sometimes colour, sometimes design.


These are the 12" blocks I have made for my partners

Septmeber:  for Sue

 October:  for Leena

November:  for Jen

December:  for Kym

For me all my partners are making the Plaited Block (from Quilters Cache - Quilt Blocks Galore).
Here is a mosaic of the blocks I have been gifted so far


This will be a fantastic quilt when I have some more blocks and start putting them together.  A big thanks to all my partners for a fabulous array of colour.


Until next time, happy quilting, knitting, sewing, crafting ....

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this with us Karen, I cant wait to see how you put all of those lovely plaited blocks together, its going to be one awesome looking quilt.

Sooli said...

I love those plaited blocks. I'm definitely going to have to make one of those one day!

Sooli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.