Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Tuesday, September 11, 2012

SWAPPERS CODE OF CONDUCT.

I love running this swap group, I really do.

But lately I am frustrated at the sheer number of emails that I am receiving from members in relation to swaps not being honoured.  Some dating back to June this year.

I remind all members that we follow a swappers code of conduct, and I have taken the stance that if I get an email from a member telling me that a swap has not been honoured, the offending member WILL BE SUSPENDED until such a time that all of the swaps have been completed and you are up to date.  This may seem harsh, but I simply cannot allocate you a new partner when you have one or months outstanding swaps not honoured.


I sound like a broken record, I know, but its not fun when I have to write firm emails, so if you are moving house, taken ill,  or a family member taken ill, going on holidays or just need a break, that's OK.  I understand that there are many many things in life more important but  PLEASE let me know, if you have been allocated a swap and cannot do it, either I will or find someone that can step in for you, and please also let your partner know so they dont go to the trouble of making and sending you a block that has not been reciprocated.

I have placed three members on Suspension this week, and trust that they will do the right thing and honour their swaps, even if they decide that they can no longer continue as part of the group.

8 comments:

CathyC said...

I feel your frustrations Sue ;-( It is so disappointing to hear that swap partners have been let down.

Maria said...

I think you do a great job as Swap Mum and understand you need to be firm with folk who DON'T do the right thing..
I just don't understand why they sign up for swaps...

Julianne said...

I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you. Thank you for all you do for these swaps. When a swap goes well, its a great thing, but when it doesnt, its just frustating...

CathyB said...

Sue, we are appreciative of all the work you put into running this swap. I left the last swap I was in because I got so few blocks back.

SIMPLESEW said...

Hi I appreciated your section on NO REPLY blogger, I just started getting comments from bloggers that I was, and I know that I wasnt.. will you check and see if you can contact me??

SIMPLESEW said...

I just noticed while leaving you a comment the words choose Indentity.
by chosing this block ( Email follow-up comments to) will I receive every comment on your blog?? Thank you so much.

Jan said...

After making the best block you can for a partner, and receiving nothing in return is disappointing and very frustrating. So ... to prevent this happening too often the standard of the group has to be really high - a big and at times difficult job.
Thank you for this great group, and my support and understanding for the difficult bits.
Jan

Unknown said...

Thanks for all of the messages of support, I am working through a few issues with some members and we are getting back on track. It boils down to simple communication