Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Monday, September 24, 2012

GUARDIAN ANGELS

Hi lovely members,

I have decided to set up a Guardian Angels roll.  The purpose of this is that guardian angels will be called upon to make a block for a member that is unable to swap for various reasons such as ill health, a family member with ill health or one of lives many downs.  Guardian angels will also make blocks for members that have been let down in a swap.




This is not a swap roll, you will be making a block for some one as a charitable gesture and would not expect the block to be reciprocated. 

How it will work is when I get news of something that I think deserves a "guardian angel" I will email all of the guardian angels on the roll and it is up to them if they wish to make and send a block.  So the recipient may get a number of blocks or they may only get one or two.

Examples of the kind of events causing members to sit out a few months swaps are:
1 member is currently undergoing cancer treatment
1 member recently lost her husband
1 member has been a victim of domestic violence.

Now normally you would not hear about these events as they are private, so absolute discretion is required.  I will not be publically announcing why I think this person is in need of a guardian angel, only the angels will know.

Guardian angels can also choose to send blocks to members that have been let down in a swap.

If you would like to be a guardian angel, either email me or pop a comment to this post.  I will create a new page with a roll as to who are guardian angels are.

When you send a block to the recipient send a card with a simple message such as:
sent with love from your Guardian angel.

9 comments:

Tarnyia said...

Great idea Sue... please put me on your list xxx

Jeneta said...

I'd love to be on your guardian angel list.

Jan said...

Hi Sue,
I would love be a guardian angel.
Jan

Julianne said...

You know you can add me Sue! Great idea!

Sooli said...

You can put me down to be an angel Sue.

Fiona said...

A great idea - well done you ... I would love to help but not this year....when I get back to the blocks....
Hugz

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria said...

I am happy to be a Guardian Angel.....

Michell said...

Hi

I will be glad to be a Guardian Angel too