Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Sunday, April 8, 2012

April blocks for Brenda

My april partner is Brenda from the U.S.A. She requested Storm at Sea or a Log Cabin in blue and brown. After checking  the first block pattern i decided to make the Log Cabin

Two days later I thought... I'm being silly. Maybe it's a difficult one but al least I should give it a try.
It took me almost all afternoon to paper piece and sew all the parts together. It's not a perfect block but I fell good for having the courage to try. I just hope you like your blocks Brenda


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great effort Teresa, its always good to challenge yourself, and its amazing how well it can turn out.

Sooli said...

Well I can't see much wrong with it Teresa! Good on you for trying something new!

elliek said...

Both blocks look good to me. A challenge is always good!

Bobbie said...

Teresa .... it took me just as long to do that same block .... great job and i love your fabric choices ...