Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Saturday, February 4, 2012

SWAPPERS REMINDER

Hi ladies,

just a gentle reminder to please please please measure your blocks before you send them to your partner to ensure that they are 12.5inches raw edge to raw edge.  A few members have received undersized blocks which they cannot use in their planned quilt, which as you can imagine is disappointing.

I find my 12.5inch ruler an investment that I cannot do without for squaring up blocks before I send them.
You can purchase this ruler online from here http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewing/Get-Squared-12.5-inch-Outer-6.5-inch-Inner-Ruler/3128040/product.html



Also,
please let your partner know when their block has arrived, almost half of the emails I get every week are from partners not having heard that the block they have sent has arrived.  Its common courtesy to send a quick email or pop a pic on the blog.

If I have not emailed you a link to pop on the blog please email me and I am happy to do this.

Thanks, Sue

No comments: