Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Sunday, February 19, 2012

Richard's First Swap

Hello my name is Richard from http://richardquilts.blogspot.com/ I am brand new to quilting and brand new to block swaps and yes the is my first swap I am so excited my first ever block showed up in the mail today it is from Ank in The Netherlands my little girl squealed when she saw it and says she wants me to make her a Quilt with it.


Below is the block I sent her.  This is my first block swap and she made it easy on me and told me to pick a block I like and make any thing I hope that she loves it.  I have seen the Magic Trick block and wanted to give it a try.  I cut out 2 sets of every thing in case I totally messed up but it worked out great.


I can not wait tell next month and the next swap this was so much fun.

Thanks Richard Healey


6 comments:

Fiona said...

welcome richard and great blocks for your first go... I also joined to start to get to know blocks...
Hugz

Leena said...

Welcome Richard. Stunning fabrics and I love how they blend in with each other. Job well done. Can't wait to see what you'll come with next.

Maria said...

Wow Richard, what a great block! Love the colours. Like Fiona, I joined hoping to learn new patterns. This is one I've not tried yet but it's on my list. Welcome to the group!

Tarnyia said...

Welcome to the swap group Richard... love the block you did and the fabrics are fantastic xxx

Unknown said...

Both blocks are stunning, its nice to see something a little different.

Karen Pior said...

Welcome to the addictive world of quilting Richard. It was also my first swap and I really loved it. Here's hoping we are partners sometime. Your first block is terrific. congratulations. Cheers, Karen.