Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Friday, September 30, 2011

October partners

Isn't it amazing how fast the months whizz by.  I hope everyone is having as much fun as me with the swaps , its gratifying to see how lovely friendships form.   There are 50 members this month with 46 participating in October swaps.  I do allow members that don't want to drop out completely to put their space on hold for up to 3 months as I cap the membership at 50.  So if you need a break, let me know you will not lose your spot in the group.

Having said this, we farewell some long term members this month - good bye to Cheryll from NSW (Gone Stitchin) and Leanne from NSW.  Cheryll joined me when the group was in its real infancy - I hope that both ladies can return one day to the group.

On a brighter note we also have a few new faces (or names) this month.  A big welcome to

Jan from New South Wales
Tanya from Queensland http://simmots.blogspot.com
Linda from Queensland  - my guess is these ladies are friends or it could be a coincidence that you both live in the same town.

And before I go, you may recall that I stepped in and helped out Shauna with a grandmothers fan block for Robyn as she was struggling to make this block.  In return, here is the beauty that arrived from Shauna this week.  we are in the process of building a new pergola for summer and when that is done I wanted to make some lovely bright new cushions for the outdoor furniture - I will be certainly using this block in one of them.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Best wishes to Cheryll and Leanne.
A big welcome to our three new ladies. Enjoy swapping.

Marianne´s hantverk said...

Nice block and I like those colors
Greeting
Marianne