Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Sunday, July 10, 2011

Carmens star flower - and swappers integrity

New member Carmen contact me as she could not get in touch with her July swap partner, and its a good thing she did.  After some investigation, I discovered this partner has not honoured her May or June swaps leaving two other members without a reciprocal block - how unfair is that, and not to mention nasty.

I have partnered with Carmen this month, and have made her this Star flower block, Carmen requested any block in maroon, dark green and beige. 



Now there may be a good reason why this person has not made the block, she could be ill, or have gone away and had forgot to let me know, and if this is the case I do apologise. 

What it does reinforce to me, that I want to pass onto all of my lovely ladies that do the right thing is this:

1. Make contact with your partner before you even start to make the block.
2. Allow a week for a reply, remember some members do work full time and may only check their emails once a week.
3. Let me know if you don't get a reply, and I am happy to reassign you a new partner,  I have a pool of fantastic members happy to do an extra swap per month when we get stuck like this.
4. Let me know if you have sent a block to some one, and more than a few weeks has passed since the end of the swap deadline and you have not received your block from them. I am happy to email them for you and chase up your block.
Sadly, I have blocked this member from participating in any more swaps until such as time that she makes contact with me and fulfills her past months swaps.  This is only the second time I have found myself in this position, and its not something I like to do.

I know most of you are fantastic, and do the right thing, and I am very grateful for this, I love co ordinating this group and seeing the talent and artistic flair we have, and the camaraderie that has developed between us all.

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Thats a great block Sue... it is sad when someone doesn't get their block ... fortunately most people do theirs and I think we thoroughly enjoy it and appreciate your work in co-ordinating it for us....
Hugz

Bobbie said...

well said Fiona ... i don't think I could add another thing to what you have already said ... apart from saying my own ... thank you Sue ...

Unknown said...

Thank you Sue. You are doing a fantastic job and I am happy for you organising it all.

Lynne said...

It is difficult for you, I'm sure. I'm glad the reward of all the satisfied swappers makes up for that momentary angst.