Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Friday, September 17, 2010

September Swap I

Hi everyone!

I was lucky enough to have 2 swap partners this month!  I'm posting about my swap with Nolene now that we have both received our blocks!

Nolene requested the log cabin block from Quilter's Cache.  She chose a red centre square with black on white on one side and white on black on the other (the starting log should be white for uniformity).  I'm really happy with how it turned out!

Nolene sent me a green Baby Bunting block.  I'm making a quilt of these blocks in pastel colours on a white background and Sue chooses the colour for me as a surprise!  To see how it's progressing please visit my blog and click on the "block swap" tab at the top.

I'll post about my next swap with Kathy as soon as both blocks have been received!

4 comments:

crafty pug said...

very lovely indeed! well done to you both. the log cabin quilt will look very striking when it is finished
xx

Unknown said...

Love the log cabin one, agree with Pugs it will be great when all done. Note to self: for this as a future swap :-)

crafty pug said...

i was thinking the same thing sue!!! maybe we need to start a red, black and white log cabin swap!! :)

LindyV said...

Or black, white and any other colour. I would be in! It seems to be the in colour combination at the moment - I saw a couple of bargello quilts at the Sydney show - but with good reason. A very striking combination. :-)