Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Christmas block swap

Christmas stash
By now most of our members have registered to participate in the Christmas swap.  A couple are yet to send me their preferences so if you have not already done so please get these details to me.  It will work exactly as the general block swap only with a Christmas theme on the block and fabric.
The swap will start in September and I will send out (email) partners in the last week of August, and then I will send the regular swap partners out first week of September so it is staggered each month.

Most months you will have 2 different partners - so we can mix it up a bit, I will try hard to get this right. I have excell spreadsheets all set to go, and my stash of Christmas fabric is growing in readiness.

5 comments:

crafty pug said...

very excited!!!

Maria said...

Looking forward to participating in the Xmas swap as well. I bought some lovely fabrics today.

Oh I did send you my preferences didn't I ????

Unknown said...

We have 8 members participating so far, and all have now given me their preferences.

The cats mother said...

I'm busy looking for Christmas fabrics and have just ordered a gorgeous matched collection by Moda from the USA, which are just over $2 per fat quarter. I'm looking forward to starting the swap too!

Friends said...

I am new to this group from the USA. I'd like to do both, the xmas and traditional. I really would like sunbonnet sue's or Sam, however, if you are uncomfortable with either, I will take a Friendship Star in any color in the traditional group and Xmas goup a burgendy or blue sparkle fabric. I am not particular, and enjoy getting anything that you wonderful quilter friends feel comfortable with. I really look forward to get my September person. Mary in California.