Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July block swap

I have been quite busy with my quilting lately,  I have finished Nicoles baby's Noahs Ark quilt including the quilting and the binding.   I didnt purchase enough of the backing fabric from spotlight and when I went back to see if I could get more they didnt have anything remotely like it,  So I decided to block piece the back with some ABC animal prints that I had from a layer cake.  I am really pleased with the result only wish I gave a little more thought to placement of the colours of the blocks.


I have also managed to complete my USA July block swap partners block.  Debbie is my first Canadian block swap member so I really am going global :-)
As Debbie is happy to receive any style of block I decided to do another version of the Jacobs ladder one that I made for Maree a couple of months ago as I was really pleased with how this turned out.  Her only request was pink and brown.  I have some very pretty pink and brown butterly print so I have used this with a tone on tone brown and a tone on tone pink. 

No comments: