Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Growing and Growing

What a fabulous month its been for new members, so far this month we have welcomed Crafty Pug and Cheryll and today I received another email from Marie wanting to join who saw this blog on Crafty Pugs blog - isnt the internet great for networking.

Therefore a big welcome to member number 8  - our first " West Australian" - Marie.
I anxiously await both Cherylls and Maries colour and block choices to get to work on their first swap

Its been absolutely pouring down here in Adelaide this week so what better way to spend the evenings quilting.  On Monday night I finished Crafty Pugs block (that was posted today), and last night I completed the binding on one of my UFO's that has been sitting in my pile for several months now.  This one is called Nells flowers (from P&Q Magazine) but I chose not to do the scalloped border as that a little beyond my skill set.  Its in keeping with my flavours of browns blues and creams of present with a bit of red thrown in for good measure.  Its a lovely warm looking quilt, and as you can see it gets the tick of approval from Billy my Cavalier.

2 comments:

Maria said...

What a beautiful Quilt Sue.Your Block Swapping Group is growing fast.Have sent my e-mail to you.

crafty pug said...

your Nells flowers quilt looks lovely! and thank you for my friendship star - it has arrived! ive posted yours today - hope you like it