Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mums quilt

I made this lap quilt for my mum using a jelly roll.  This was the first time I had used any precut fabric and I have to say I was impressed with the co- ordinated fabrics in such an array of prints.  I am hooked.  I now am making a lap quilt for me using a pack of charm squares - more postings to follow on that one

6 comments:

CathyC said...

this is lovely, Sue!
what farbric is it?

Unknown said...

Hi Cathy, I am sorry I cant remember, its a Moda jelly roll that I purchased around Christmas time but I am not sure what the range was called. The pattern is Chelsea steps out of a patchwork and quilting magazine which inspired me to make it. I can photocopy and post the pattern to you if you like. Sue

CathyC said...

I would love that Sue - thanks heaps!

Unknown said...

Hi Cathy, I hope you received the pattern ok, I posted it from work. The logo on the envelope must have thrown you- but I promise I was not trying to get you to sell your house lol. Sue

CathyC said...

Thanks Sue - it arrived safely. I did look twice though ;-) good idea to write a little note on the front!
now to choose fabric!

Sandi said...

Lovely quilt, Sue! I like that pattern.

Sandi